Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

thoughts

So this is it... my last week with the kids and next week will be the first (very long and treacherous) week of my credential program. I'm not sad. I know that sounds kind of unwomanly, but I'm not. I knew this was coming and while I feel like I cared for the kids as best I could every moment I was with them. I never allowed myself to become very attached for this reason. Because I knew it was temporary, it's not that I haven't loved them- because I have, but this has also been a job for me and I have treated it accordingly.

I am however a little nervous about school next week. The information I know about what I'll be doing amounts to approximately zilch. I really know nothing. I feel like I'm a freshman in college all over again and it's the first week of school. I barely know anything about my schedule or how my days will play out. This is what I know...

- That there will be a meeting that will explain everything
- That I should plan to be at school or with my teacher from 7 to 7 for the first week of school.

Oh and did I mention that's it??? That's all I know. The planning side of me is going nuts right now. What do I write in my calendar to prepare if I know nothing? Well, I write the date of the meeting for sure. But that doesn't help me feel any less like an awkward 17 year old, fumbling around campus looking for the building the meeting is supposed to be in now does it? Yah so this should be fun... or horrible. I'll let you know.

On another note, one of my favorite things about myspace blogging is at the bottom of the blog it asks you what are you reading right now? Or what are you listening to right now? And then you type in the name of the book or cd or whatever, and you it actually pulls up a small little picture of what the book or cd look like and links people back to it.

So, in the spirit of myspace blogging. I just finished reading "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay.... amazing, a definite must read (not a thriller, just sheer good writing.) And I am listening to Hillsong Live: This is our God. And if you have a moment, go watch this on YouTube, this is what made me buy the cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzMqjzHYfE
(sorry I couldn't make that a link, it wasn't working, but def copy and paste, so worth it.)

2 Comments:

La said...

I feel ya. Not having a plan is torture.

Hunter and Nancy said...

You'll do great! Don't worry. I've been there and it's worth the effort. Philippians 4:6-7

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily