Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cupcake's Nemesis

So, my mother asked me in my last post cupcake post, "with all the food you bake how do you stay so skinny?" Now, lest you think I am quickly becoming a fatty (which maybe I am), I actually do do something to combat all the cupcakes I eat. Yoga.
I don't know if I've ever actually mentioned this before, but I actually go like 3-5 times a week. Which is really something because for my entire life I have notoriously sucked at working out. I've tried off and on, but it stems from the fact that I'm fairly uncoordinated. My mom has a favorite story about how when I was 2 yrs old at the mommy and me gymnastics class I wouldn't jump off the box cause I was scared. Which would have been nothing except that my mom had been an elite gymnast and I think she actually coached the class. The fact that she had an uncoordinated wuss for a daughter was appalling to her. Now, I'm not saying I do not enjoy athletic things, I do, but usually I try to do solo type sports because people can get pretty mad when you're on their team and you're not good.
Suffice to say after doing yoga for like 8 months I've actually gotten pretty good at it. I'm no Rebecca (my amazingly in shape and coordinated sister-in-law who does triathlons AND yoga). However, below I've posted a few moves that I can do. These types of poses are a small part of the type of vinasa yoga I do through CorePower, but they are a fun part! Just today I actually mastered going from crow's pose to a headstand and then back to crow's pose without tipping over! I guess I've moved on from being scared of the box.

crow's pose


side crow's pose


tripod headstand

So, mom that is how.... That and the fact that I send 80% of the cupcakes to work with Jake so I won't eat them all. Cause those orange dreamsicle ones were so good, I would have just kept on eating!

3 Comments:

Rebecca said...

You ROCK! Those are some awesome poses and I totally agree, yoga is so fun and really gets you in shape. Love the post and thanks for posting pictures!

Hunter and Nancy said...

Your mother-in-law is impressed! Curves is as "athletic" as I can get these days! Ha!

Kimberley said...

Yes, you were uncoordinated AND a scaredy cat, (remember the barbie doll I bribed you with to get you to jump off the diving board?)BUT you made up for it by being the perfect daughter in all other ways. :0) I do still have to laugh about your high school volley ball experience. You were on the team but you hardly EVER played and when I asked you if that bothered you, you said, "No, I'm only on the team because I like to hang out with my friends. It's just as fun even if I never play." Ok--That's the competitive spirit that I taught you!! LOL-- I am pleasantly surprised at how coordinated and strong you have become. Go YOGA! ick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily