Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yes Please!



A couple of friends of mine sell jewelry for this line called Stella and Dot. It's a new wave of a home based business that sells darling jewelry through "trunk shows" also known as home parties. I'm really not much for home parties, but I love this jewelry. And it's very different than past similar companies, cause there is NO MINIMUM BUYING. You can do it if you want or you can not. You get what you put into it. With the ease of buying online and the ability to connect through the internet, this business model allows for things that didn't exist 10 or 20 years ago, when other companies did things like this.

I have been wavering about whether I want to take part in it because the price point for me, is just a teensy bit too much and I know most people I know live in a similar economic manner. Now, I've bought pieces, so I'm not saying it's not affordable. But if you're not a mid-range price shopper, you would think it's too much. Now on the flip side if you want beautiful jewelry that won't break after a few wears, then it's worth it.
The questions bears do you buy 20 pairs of cheap $4 earrings at Charlotte Rousse, or 2 pairs that will be beautiful and last from Stella and Dot?



Well, of course some people say buy the nice ones that will last, but truth be told I have a very similar looking beautiful bracelet (to the one above) that I instead have to super glue once a week, cause a piece falls off.
Since I feel I can't completely answer that question for myself AND BECAUSE I AM MOVING AWAY from all my wonderful friends who might be interested, I'm not gonna do it right now. But I'm not saying I'm not gonna keep it in mind. The company is 4 years old and grew like 700% last year. I actually found out about the line, when I saw a piece of "to die for jewelry" in a magazine that I absolutely "had to have". But then I saw the price and realized maybe I didn't need it after all. I think it's what the company calls a "statement piece".
But my girlfriend who sells for them has a full-time job AND a kid and somehow makes $2,000 a month with this company. And she really only spends like 12 hrs a week. If that was the case, I could buy that "statement piece" after all.
But in the mean time maybe I'll just host a party for her, since I know the hostess gets free jewelry and then I won't have to spend AFTER all!

Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily