Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Incase you haven't heard...

I got a job. My husband can no longer call me lazy and has to contribute to the house cleaning. Which are two of my favorite reasons to have a job, besides the rush I get when I create and take charge of things (which also mostly happens when working). I don't know what it is, but even if I spend a whole day doing important/task oriented things around the house, I never feel as productive as I do in a work environment. But that's a side rant.

As many of you in 2008 I got my teaching credential and have been doing that since and loving it... But for some reason it seems God had something else in mind for me as of late. Literally, everything possible thing that could go wrong, went wrong in the process of trying to get my credential for the state of NJ. In fact, I still don't have it and probably won't for at least another month. (I applied in March). So, obviously, I can't be a teacher without a credential and noone is going to give me a job, if I can't get one until after school starts. So, around the same time when I started realizing that things were going slightly awry, I made a contact with the church Jake and I had started attending Shore Fellowship. They had a position open for the director of their elementary grades. In the meantime I still hadn't given up on trying to be a teacher and applied at a local private/Christian school where I didn't have to have a credential. In the end both places offered me the job, but the school offered me a job not teaching elementary and by then I already felt God really leading me to the job at the church. I never really had any desire to work at a church before this, but it's been great. The last two weeks I have totally been able to exercise my creative side which is just really fun and something I felt I haven't been able to do in a while (even teaching). So, while I love teaching and do want to go back someday FOR SURE. This is where I am right now, and I'm quite content. Plus it's part-time, so I have good hours and still get to sleep in (for now anyway).
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your job! It sounds like the perfect fit and mom said that they are going to be lenient with a new addition in your family... so ... um, get a move on! :) HA ha. JK No pressure, just excited to have another cousin for my boys. :)

Hunter and Nancy said...

Love the new look of your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily