Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

I actually can D-I-Myself

So, nesting has pittered out on me. Now, I just feel the feelings of nesting without actually doing anything about it. It's not as successful as being motivated to work every waking moment of the day... this is why you haven't seen any more recent pics of my nursery. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OBESSION WITH PINTEREST AND THE MANY HOURS I WASTE EACH DAY "PLANNING" to nest. :)

If you haven't checked out pinterest it's a wonderful virtual idea. Every single day for years I have bookmarked ideas, sites, recipes on my computer. My bookmarks were out of control, well now with pinterest you can simply "pin" the idea to their site. Which is really nice because you don't have to have YOUR COMPUTER to show it to someone else, or look it up.

Anyway, I got off on a little pinterest tangent. I actually have been doing some things around the house. I just haven't blogged about them. I have several sewing projects going, along with a few things for Keaton's room. It can become easy to start a project and harder to finish. However, I finished one, so I'm excited to share. I made a cute little envelope fold pillow cover. I won't tell you I "whipped it up in 30 minutes" like some blogs online. But I finished it in two sit down settings using this tutorial from HowDoesShe? and it really was pretty easy. I want to add a button to the envelope fold on the back, but am leaving that for the do it later pile as I've never made a button hole and find myself scared to try.

Here it is:


Me sewing it up


Front


Back- this is where I want to add my button


Here's the new addition-- I also would like another new addition in some orange fabric. I've posted my favorites and they can be seen on pinterest. :)
See, how that came full circle.

1 Comment:

Hunter and Nancy said...

Great job on the pillow covers. I can show you how to make a botton hole when I visit next time. It is really not hard. I know you can do it quite successfully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily