Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Dedication

Keaton got dedicated at church last month. It was kind of sad not to have our family there. So many friends came to stand with us and represent as witnesses the life we want to live for Keaton as parents and the path we want him to take in following God. But that also made me sad because these friends are just a stop on our journey. Even though they came to stand behind us in that moment, the truth is they won't be there forever. Those are the moments when I remember that I'm a military wife. And this is my life for now...
Regardless, in "dedicating" him- I was reminded of the high calling of Christian parenthood, the many uphill battles we will fight against this world and the even bigger battles that Keaton will face. He's such a good baby, and so sweet and perfect. I can't imagine the future like that now, but I know it will come. So, I'm reminded to pray for him and of course to ask for more patience (cause one day I know I will need it).

2 Comments:

Brandi said...

you are making me cry! Your friends are so blessed to be a part of this stop along your journey and know that we all pray for your sweet family and cherish you so very much!!! much love for the Stall family!! <3

Hunter and Nancy said...

Pappa and Nani wish we could have been at Keaton's dedication but know we pray for him everyday. We also know God has blessed him with Godly parents to train him along the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily