Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

What's on the Menu

We are huge menu planners. I have to say my dear husband actually talked me into it, and it is so the way to go. The only downside is on grocery day, we literally have nothing to eat.
So, the weekly menu isn't much of a stretch for us, but the whole food allergy thing is still a work in progress. So, we have to be a bit more specific and adventerous, but even with all the food allergies this is what's on the menu... Some good stuff I tell you.

Click to zoom

Breakfast still consists of a lot of this
Baked Oatmeal
The great news is Keaton can eat it too now, and we both love it.

Keaton and I are both enjoying this delicious brand of gluten free waffles and french toast sticks. They have regular products too, they are very naturally based and I look forward to eating these instead of eggo, etc after we aren't gluten, dairy and egg free.

Lunch
Lots of leftovers
Amy's Organic is a lifesaver. They pride themselves on only using ingredients that you can say, and they are actually good compared to Lean cuisine or something else. The only catch, they are expensive at $4-5. But you get what you pay for, and if I went out to lunch it would cost more than that.


This week's dinners- mostly inspired by Pinterest
Salsa Verde Chicken (we subbed pork), this recipe was just "anh" for me, but it made lots and was made in the crockpot.

Man Pleasing Chicken,
if you like dijon mustard make this today, so good!

Chipotle Chicken and Rice
- this is a new favorite. If you have little ones watch the heat, but it is seriously SOOOOOOO good. We use instant rice to take like 20 minutes off the cook time.

Southwest Rice and Bean Salad

Lots of grilling!! But this BBQ ribs (we use spare) recipe we just keep coming back to.

Dessert: I almost forgot to mention this
I took an old Barefoot Contessa recipe and mixed it with one from Gluten Free Goddess.
The Apple Crisp combination recipe is actually a WONDERFUL, satisfying dessert. I've served it twice for guests even. And I made it up, I'm not proud or anything. :)

I don't plan on eating exactly like this forever, but I must say there's still alot of good stuff on the menu.

1 Comment:

Rebecca said...

I also love AMy's Organic if I need a quick lunch. I like her vegetarian black bean soup or the lentil soup for a quick meal. It has so much less sodium than other canned brands.
I will be broswing through those recipes soon, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily