Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not exactly the Jersey Shore

I forgot my camera uploader, so you will have to wait a little longer for an update, but lots of house buying mayhem has ensued. Details to follow!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Only...

One more day til Spring Break!!! Jake might be less excited about this than me, considering I won't be getting paid. But I have a friend visiting this week and the week after that, we could be buying one of these

in New Jersey. So, that break won't be much of a break at all. But it will be eventful.
For Now!
XO

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It only took til 3 am

Don't ask how this happened...


But there's one cake in the trash...


One bowl of black icing that turned purple....


Two cakes that crumbled...


And finally one over the hill cake for a friend.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Pretty proud of myself

So, you may be wondering what happened to weeks 2, 3 and 4 of my sewing class.
Well, I'll show you... this happened.



I found this amazing fabric and pattern creator Amy Butler and decided as my first undertaking, I would make this oh so cute toiletry bag for all my makeup items. Now, I am done and I must say I am quite proud of myself, because it's actually pretty good. But before... as I was spending many hours, several redos and almost one good cry when Jake called it the "Frankenproject". (I didn't cry, but it was close).
It went like this....

I bought the fabric and felt quite accomplished... little did I know that was only the beginning.


I cut out the pattern and pieces, still felt accomplished.


I pinned the fabric to the interfacing and then machine basted (lightly stitched around). I still thought I was accomplished, little did I know this was just to hold everything together. :)


This is where the "frankenproject" part began. I asked Jake like 5X's to help me read this step in the pattern. But since he's never done pattern work, he got all frustrated cause he wasn't good at it. Then when I sewed the pieces wrongly together and on WAY TOO TIGHT of a stitch to rip out. He then declared, "oh I know exactly what you were supposed to". Suffice to say I made him recut out the material for round 2. I was also successfully able to do the other side of the bag. As you'll see in the next photo.


Oh, that's how you do it. Learning curve ;)


Now, to the zipper without a zipperfoot (this thing you add to the machine) or instruction on that topic from my teacher. (Hey, go big or go home right?) I think the zipperfoot would have come in handy.


Somehow I got it on though.


Then to the lining, this step did not occur without resewing like 5 times. No exaggeration. You couldn't identically replicate the lining step on both sides, even though the pattern said too. Even my teacher said it wouldn't work, so we had to make it up in the end.


All done I thought, but woops my zipper is sticking out. Maybe the zipper foot would have come in handy after all, still not sure why that happened.


No worries, I'll just use the handle- I was NOT going to use to push it in the whole and cover up my mess. And even though it's not perfect. I'm still pretty proud. And of course going to make some other ones. But not this week, this week we are starting pajama pants in class.

So, that's the woes of weeks 2, 3 and 4. I like to call it the "frankenproject", said with love NOW since everything turned out alright!
For now....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Free Blog Template by June Lily